| 0 comments ]

After taking personal finances seriously at the end of the summer, I've been trying to attain as much literature possible to better inform myself. Since classes have begun, there is little time for finishing a 200-page book when there is a 1000-page textbook to complete first. And that is why I've turned to the great convenience of magazines and newspapers.

No matter the price of a the annual subscription fees, I just do not want to have to pay for something that I would read and throw away. I am sure that MANY other people feel the same way. So let's check the local public library for the mags and voila! There are amazing a large variety of magazines, including all the popular personal finance magazines (Kiplinger's Personal Finance, Money, SmartMoney, Entrepreneur).

And when I moved back to campus, I looked around the university library and there they were. Also, all throughout campus buildings, there are copies of the daily New York Times and USA Today that are free for the taking. There better be, considering the tuition that we pay!

So that's another luxury that anyone can get without the subscriptions fees. Just look around and check the public library.

0 comments

Post a Comment